Friday, October 22, 2010

@23.5

A few days ago was my half birthday. I was thinking how much my life has changed since my birthday.

When I turned 23, I was completely at my wits end with my job. I didn't know what I would do at all. Right after my birthday, I started looking into going back to school. Within a week or two, I applied, and pretty much hitched onto the idea that I was quitting my job and going back to school. I knew about school in June, and had to stick it out until August to quit. In that time, I got in trouble at work for what I had written on an evaluation, and looking generally "mean" or "upset" all the time. I have actually gotten the "you look unhappy" a lot lately. I am not sure why, but I think my face might just look that way. I am a happy person. Maybe I am just thinking.

Either way, I look at then, and I look at now. My whole life has completely changed. I am getting a new job, I am waist deep into school. I am going to be making more money just by completing part of the training I am taking right now. By May I will have earning power, and a career I can take anywhere, which I may think about. I had probably one of the most amazing summers ever. I just feel like now I have it together, and I am going places, and it only took 6 months.

I also got 100 hits on my blog in one day yesterday, so I think I am kind of freaked out. And in celebration of my new job, I bought a few items. Mostly essentials. I think I will wait for my first check to get some more decadent things.

Well, I'm done waving my own flag for now. Y'all have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment