Thursday, August 19, 2010

Life lessons - Hire people



This year we were forced to move from a wonderful house (that was sold to a new owner) to an apartment for 3 people. Despite issues with maintenance and insects that had to be resolved in the place, which was highly recommended by several friends, it seems to now be working out okay. I really hated the thought of moving and felt I was entitled to movers, so I hired them. Best life decision. They give you boxes, and they are free. I rode around with them for a few solid days in my car with the seat folded down, but they were free, and mine. As pictured below, they give you tall boxes for all of your hanging clothes. So you don't have to like rip them out of your closet, throw them in a car, have them go errywhere, and then awkwardly make 10 trips to your car from your new place to get all of your things. I also seem to have alot of clothes...
Oh yeah, and movers move things for you. You kind of get everything ready, then you sit and watch as within a matter of 15 minutes they have most of your things in a truck and ready to go. Then the same thing happens when they are unloading. All of a sudden your things are there, and its done.




I think this was the most adult decision I've made next to buying my car and deciding to go back to school. And really when it comes down to it, if you hate doing manual labor as much as I do, get someone to do it for you. You, your family, and the people who you would have forced into helping you will all appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment