Sunday, July 18, 2010

the bullshit deer.



Last night I went to see John Mayer live, and I was really impressed with his show.
Pretty much he is an amazing musician and I just feel like he and I would be BFF, and I really also think he needs to write a book. SW, who invited me out agreed, and he apparently doles out advice and real world thoughts at all of his shows.

The Bullshit Deer (I'm paraphrasing)
So you know those things that back when you were 21, 22, took you like 3 years to figure out? It would be like 'Hey! This looks like a great idea!' and then you know, 3 years later you realize it wasn't. It was complete bullshit. What you have to do is treat that idea like a deer, and you have to tag it as bullshit. That way when you see it coming back around you just know, you've already identified it as bullshit. You will not acknowledge this idea. Someone will be like 'Hey John! This could be great!' and you'll just be like 'Ohhhh no, I know you, you're the bullshit deer. This is a horrible idea. Go away!'


And so last night I actually got to tell that story, and luckily the person I was sharing this story with realized they were indeed the bullshit deer. SW and I are currently working on stickers or shirts so we may be able to actually tag these things. I figure it will save other people some trouble.

Also, please note our amazing seats! Really one of the best shows I've been to in awhile.
(photo via BlackBerry)

No comments:

Post a Comment